Nadra Ahmed OBE
NADRA AHMED OBE DL
CHAIRMAN - NATIONAL CARE ASSOCIATION
· Nadra has been involved in the field of social care for over 40 years. Her background is in training and education, which has been the passion that drives her towards a quality service, underpinned and provided by a skilled workforce.
· Has been Chairman of NCA since 2001 and is a trustee of Royal British Legion Industries and Governor at Canterbury Christchurch University. She also is the Co-Convenor of the Cavendish Coalition, formed to work with the NHS and Unison to support workforce issues in Health and Social Care pre-Brexit
· Additionally, Nadra also holds various positions within voluntary organisations, delivering services to vulnerable people in the community. These include Vice President of HiKent a charity supporting people with hearing loss, Patron of Rochdale Housing supporting older citizens through a pathway of care and support and Spadeworks which is a charity to support younger adults with Learning Disabilities to learn skills and run a garden centre.
· She has been a member of a number of government advisory committees in the DHSC including a number at Ministerial level and been a member on government Taskforces. Through the Covid pandemic Nadra has been the respected voice of care providers consistently both privately with DHSC and publicly.
· A regular contributor to journals and conferences and is frequently called upon by major media networks to represent the views of social care providers both nationally and internationally.
· In 2006 she was awarded the OBE for her services to Social Care and the following year was appointed Deputy Lord Lieutenant of Kent and a Kent Ambassador.
· Nadra has been the recipient of many awards within the care sector from Care Personality to ‘Outstanding Contribution to the Business Community’